Iced lychee jasmine tea is a refreshing summer drink that is not only delicious but also packed with lots of vitamines and antioxidants. One of the main reasons why this tea is so delicious to enjoy in the scorching summer months is its fruity and floral infusion. The sweet, juicy flavour of lychee blends perfectly with the delicate jasmine aroma, creating a refreshing and thirst quenching drink.
Brewing your own iced lychee jasmine tea at home has the added advantage of knowing exactly what goes into your drink. Unlike commercially bottled iced teas, homemade varieties are free from artificial flavours, preservatives, and added sugars. The lychee fruit, which is rich in vitamins A and C and antioxidants, adds natural sweetness to the tea, making it an excellent alternative to sugary soft drinks.
Another compelling reason that makes iced lychee jasmine tea a great choice in summer is its cooling effect. Jasmine tea has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties and is known to help regulate body temperature and aid digestion. The combination of jasmine and lychee helps to calm the mind and reduce stress levels, which is perfect for the summer months.
Furthermore, preparing iced lychee jasmine tea at home is incredibly easy. All you need is a handful of ingredients, some ice, and a few minutes, and you can whip up a refreshing yet healthy drink that will impress even the most sophisticated taste buds.
Here are the ingredients you need for 4 servings:
- 1 can of lychees or 20 pieces of fresh lychee
- 8 grams of your preferred Teasenz jasmine tea
- 1 litre of water
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves
1. Make jasmine tea
Steep 8 grams of tea in 1 litre of water at 80ºC (175ºF) for 3 minutes. Let it cool down.
2. Prepare the ingredients
Now the tea is ready, you can prepare the ingredients:
- Peel the lychee fruit if you bought fresh lychees. If you bought a can of lychee, open it.
- Pluck 12 mint leaves of the stem.
3. Make iced tea
- Add ice cubes into 4 glasses.
- Squeeze the juice of one fresh lychee fruit into each glass. If you've bought a can of lychees, then add two table spoons of lychee juice from the can. This will add sweetness to the iced tea.
- Add 4 pieces of lychee fruit.
- Pour jasmine tea in each glass, and stir.
- Garnish each glass with 3 mint leaves and serve. Garnishing the glasses with mint leaves, not only does it add flavour, but it also creates a visually appealing presentation, making it perfect for hosting guests.
Alternative: Cold Brew Lychee Jasmine Tea
Besides the above method, there's an alternative way to make this tea: cold-brewing. While this method will test your patience, you will be rewarded with a delicious flavour. Here are the instructions for 4 serving:
- Prepare a pitcher or bottle that can hold at least 1100ml of water. Alternatively, you may use two smaller bottles or pitchers.
- Add the jasmine tea in the pitcher or bottle, and pour in 1 litre of cold water.
- Add the (peeled) lychee fruit.
- Add the mint leaves
- Store for 6 hours in the fridge.
- Serve with ice.
Overall, this recipe is an excellent way to enjoy the benefits of jasmine tea in a cold and refreshing manner. So why not give it a try and beat the heat with this delicious and healthy iced tea.