This easy-to-make recipe combines jasmine tea with the freshness of cucumber and lime, creating a beautiful symphony of flavours. So, if you're looking for a hydrating and thirst quenching beverage on a hot summer day this tea has got you covered. Plus, it's sweetened with honey instead of sugar, making it a guilt-free indulgence that's as good for your taste buds as it is for your body.
Here are the ingredients you need for 4 servings:
- 1 lime
- 1 cucumber
- 8 grams of your preferred Teasenz jasmine tea
- 1 litre of water
- 4 tea spoon of honey
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves
1. Make jasmine tea
You can make jasmine tea in two ways: hot brewing or cold brewing. Which method is better will depend on your personal taste. If you prefer a more smooth and nuanced flavour, go for cold preparation. If you like a more robust flavour, go for hot brewing your jasmine tea.
- Hot brewing: Steep 8 grams of tea in 1 litre of water at 80ºC (175ºF) for 3 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Cold brewing: Steep 8 grams of tea in 1 litre of cold water. Store in fridge for 4 hours.
2. Prepare the ingredients
Now the tea is ready, you can prepare the ingredients:
- Cut the stem and lump end of the lime. Cut the lime in halve, and afterwards in wedges.
- Slice the cucumber in flat ribbons.
3. Make iced tea
- Add ice cubes into 4 glasses.
- Pour jasmine tea and a tea spoon of honey in each glass, and stir.
- Put 3 slices of cucumber and 1 wedge of lime into each glass.
- Garnish with 2 mint leaves and serve.